Tuesday, November 21, 2006

just a phase

To be perfectly honest, I just haven't felt like posting lately. I've been exhausted, and all I want to do is watch movies. Work has been crazy. The insanity begins the moment I walk in the door and I'm running for ten hours with precious little reprieve. By the time the dogs and I get home from the park I'm pretty much wiped. I haven't been thinking about much aside from what on earth I'm gonna pack for tomorrow's lunch and where did my Garden State DVD go?

I've been losing myself in fantasies of what my life COULD be like, if only I could fastrack all the parts that cost money and take time. What if I woke up tomorrow morning and I was a finish carpenter? What if that brilliant idea I've been waiting for comes to me in a dream and I finally write the book that I've been mulling over for a good 10 years?

This is not a productive thought life, but I find I do this whenever I get too tired. I escape to my "slightly optimistic" place and bury myself in hopes and dreams. I know that Buddha would not recomment this behaviour. But I can't help it. I need a holiday I guess.

I'm trying to chug through my reading list but I don't seem to be making much headway. "Stranger in a Strange Place" is definitely a strange book. Thought provoking to be sure, and casts a very revealing light on "The Lost Teachings of Atlantis" so I guess it's good that I'm reading them together. Actually I think that the author of "atlantis" is just trying to start his own religion. I would place it alongside Eckankar, which (initial impression) seems to be one more conglomeration of borrowed belief hybrid religions. One's as good as the next I suppose. When I figure out what my worldview is, I'll make a religion out of it. Then there will be one more tailor made doctrine just for you, if the atlantis cults aren't to your liking, you love gnostic ideas but don't understand gnostic terminology, and you love the mythology of middle earth.

All I really want to do is sleep. So I'm gonna go do that. Talk to you later.

2 Comments:

Blogger bruced said...

For some reason, you remind me of "Jaye", the main character in the TV show "Wonderfalls" (ran one season, but now available on DVD). Wonderfalls, is my favorite show of all times. Have you seen it?

November 21, 2006 9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

never seen it bruce. thanx, keren, that means a lot to me. really.

November 26, 2006 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah