Sunday, November 12, 2006

conclusion and speculation

The good news is that I think I've come to a couple of conclusions.

A)The only version of christianity that I could possibly subscribe to is the universal reconciliation version. So I guess I'm still a heretic, but I'm on the team.

B)Prayer is something real and important because I FEEL it is, though I lack any logical explanation. This doesn't mean I automatically have faith for prayers to be answered..... I'm afraid I'm back at square one as far as that's concerned.

To be perfectly honest I haven't been giving a lot of thought this week to matters of the spiritual realm, or at least not to the degree that I can remember. My dad and I had an interesting talk about reincarnation when he came through... He brought it up in response to a comment I made about Puja's "old eyes" and we speculated on the matter for a while.

I've found that the general consensus with the people I mention it to is that they hope reincarnation doesn't exist. This brings me to wonder about the general mindset of humans on planet earth. It seems like people generally feel that this ride does not warrant a second run. Earth is no good. When people get off, the plan is to get as far away from it as possible.

I wonder.... if we don't take enough time to see the beauty in life. To walk like an african, as it were, strolling about as though we've got all week to get somewhere. There are fantastic things about the world, and even in the midst of terrible suffering, there are amazing examples of human courage and love and strength.

Maybe this is the only life we get.... what a pity to rush through it without appreciating what a miracle it is to be human beings standing on a giant sphere spinning through endless blackness.

I'm one to talk.... I spend ten hours a day on the brink of a boredom induced coma, and another 8 hours asleep. The rest of the time I'm running to get the dogs to the park, food made, and my addiction to electronic distractions satisfied... I'm in no hurry to do this again. Many days I just can't wait for it all to be over.

But I think that my attitude could stand some adjustment. I don't know. I'll think on it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Geo said...

YOUR ATTITUDE IS JUST FINE MY FRIEND!
I love your outlook and willingness to question. Keep it up!

Peace
Geo

November 13, 2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger SteveW said...

Ditto what geo said Ursa.

Who is Puja?

November 13, 2006 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if Christ walked the earth today and grew up in London or New York and was a film maker prior to His crucifixion & resurrection, i like to think he would have made the Matrix or something like it. how does that fit in with universal restoration? i'm not sure but the movie filled me with the same sense of hope, defiance & service.

i like what Martin Zender says: Believe God, no matter what the clergy says. embracing U.R. is not easy in that we're swimming against the orthodox stream. but then i figure, Christ was a heretic & orthodox theology provided the moral justification for the institutionalised church to murder millions of people - i think it is responsible for more bloodshed than any other organisation in history.

if we're gonna be heretics, let it be for the mysteries of love & Grace.

adios,

ruZL /

November 15, 2006 9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh.... puja is my puppy. I also have an older dog named abu. chances are they'll frequent these posts from time to time.

November 15, 2006 5:34 PM  
Blogger SocietyVs said...

I think the value of what we are in (on earth) gets underestimated quite a bit and seeing the greatness of it, well sometimes gets overshadowed by the all encompassing finality of death, so we miss it sometimes (but we are human). I see this life as a chance to right the wrongs of the previous generations that stay play to our peril...I find it fun.

November 15, 2006 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah