Tuesday, October 31, 2006

no

Probably my favorite part of "The Matrix" is just after Neo comes back to life. The agents start shooting at him, and he just holds out his hand and says, "no."

As though this whole fiasco was just about setting boundaries.

I have to watch the matrix every once in a while, and halloween night is as good a time as any. I like it because it sparks my imagination and appeals to my subversive tendencies. It's like the bible says "faith comes by hearing" (it's in there somewhere). Does faith only come by hearing a preacher read out of the bible? Or does faith also come by hearing the inspired creativity of secular artists?

I like to imagine that the flawed nature of this world can be somehow battled, and that I could be a significant part of it. Maybe everyone does. A movie like the matrix instills a degree of faith and determination in me. Not because it's true, but because it strikes me as a metaphor for something that seems to be true. The best thing about it is that Neo is not different from you or I. He's even quite ordinary, and at times, he gets the shit beat out of him. That's the beauty of it really. Neo is you, and Neo is me. Neo is the difference between Mr. Anderson and Mr. Anderson Self Realized.

I'd like to take some time to intellectualize this, but i have said "no" to intellectualization this week. So.... tonight I feel encouraged by this movie and I'll just enjoy that little emotion for the time being. I think that in the future when I have more time, I'd like to say a little more about "no" as I think it's quite revolutionary. If that doesn't make sense to you, I'd encourage you to spend some time contemplating the subject. It may just change your life ;)

I'm just kidding of course. It changed MY life. I can't speak for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah