Wednesday, November 01, 2006

God in the city?

God seems like a forest to me, and religion seems like cities.

God is a great big wilderness spinning in space, and in places here and there settlements scar His face, and they have turned Him into real estate and put Him up for sale.

It's funny... the times I'm surest that God is speaking to me about anything, it is through trees or rivers or dogs. Sometimes I resolve to hear God speak to me through the bricks and the pavement and the steel and glass... But those speak to me only about people.

It seems like a creation has a lot to say about it's creator. Regardless of which creation we're talking about.

I have got to get out of the city. Maybe on saturday the girls and I will take a long drive and catch some peace and quiet. I'd like to check out the monastery up north. Maybe one day I can get a sitter and take a little retreat.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ursa, amongst other things i liked what you said about "turned Him into real estate and put Him up for sale". your writing is poetic & heartfelt - honest too. thanks for a great blog. ruzl.

ps, my word varification code to post this is "iiikzoum" - i like it's archaic tone.

November 02, 2006 6:23 AM  
Blogger SteveW said...

Yea, there isn't a city in the world that is as majestic as the things of nature.

When you get to that monastery let us know if it speaks the loudest of God or of people.
;-)

November 02, 2006 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll keep my ears open, steve ;)

November 02, 2006 9:55 PM  
Blogger SocietyVs said...

Yeah the city life is so cluttered and noisy, nature is free and reminds me to listen. I like the city though but I am weird since I like being amongst the clutter and other people.

November 02, 2006 10:47 PM  
Blogger A.V. Michaels said...

Enjoying your blog, I linked to you too. Lots of great posts here. We actually moved to Hawaii to hear God more clearly, certainly He's everywhere but he truly resonates in a big way here!

November 07, 2006 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah