Saturday, November 18, 2006

glutton

I just finished watching V for Vendetta and I have to say, I greatly enjoyed it.

First of all, I have to say that I'm thoroughly impressed by natalie portman's ability to be not-natalie-portman, if you know what I mean. Also, she wasn't "garden state" and she wasn't "closer" or "where the heart is" or even "queen amidala." After a while even the most talented actress begins to seem like the same person over and over again, and I had never really thought of natalie portman as being exceptionally talented. Yet every time I see her I forget about who she was last. So. There you have it.

I'm very curious to read the V for Vendetta graphic novels as the author seems to have some important things to say about government and society. I know that when watching this movie, the most immediate thought will be of nazi germany, but I often thought of our dear friend mr. bush and his right wing american government. Fascists are, after all, little more than carried away right-wingers. Religious conviction seems to lubricate the transition.

I hung out last night with some gay christians at a coffee shop where christians were playing guitars and singing about God, and not badly, I should mention. I found the situation a little perplexing. I'm trying to figure out why any gay person would even want to hang out with christians. It almost seems like a "glutton for punishment" kind of setup. I mean, they'd always be trying to change you, save you, heal you. If they weren't up front about it, you'd know that they were thinking it.

But then I guess, it's the same as going to church when you're a heretic by definition. The only difference, I suppose, is that for the most part, I have yet to exit the closet. Why do I do it? Is it simply the desire to remain connected with friends? Am I a glutton for punishment?

I don't know. I bought chocolate ice cream AND chocolate chips. so I guess I'm a glutton for SOMETHING..... hehehehehe.... have a good night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah