Wednesday, April 25, 2007

goals and success

Wow, every time I turn around a week has gone by. I really intended to update on saturday I think, but it seems like whenever I sit down to write, I can't really gather my thoughts.

I am attempting to purchase a book online called Ninpo: Wisdom for Life. It's about the driving philosophy behind ninjutsu written by the current grandmaster. I'm hoping to have it in my paws by June, so I can read it during my holiday. Yes, I have finally booked a flight for my week in portland, and I can't wait. I've found a parkour group in Portland as well as a ninjutsu dojo, so I hope to train with a bunch of new people and maybe learn a few things I wouldn't here. It would be cool to run with some other parkour people (instead of jumping over things all by my lonesome) and to learn a thing or two from a sensei with some sense of ninja spirituality.

So, that's my main excitement these days. I am currently having trouble with my neck after a rousing training session on choke holds. Suffice to say that grabbing me from behind will lead to a world of trouble, but for the time being I have trouble turning right. Hopefully this won't interfere too much with gymnastics night..... tonight.... I hope to tune up my front flip, polish my vaults and maybe even learn a back flip.

Oh yeah, and I got a tattoo. One of these days I'll post a pic, but for the time being I'll just tell you that I now have the outline of a bear paw in black ink on my right forearm. I love it. I am very happy. It seems like it was always meant to be there, and I don't know why I waited so long to get it.

This has been a crazy year so far. In a lot of ways, it feels like I've only just started living. It seems like for 25 years I was just waiting for something. But with every risk I take, or challenge, or goal set, or whatever, I feel so much more aware that I am alive and capable of directing my own life. There are certain goals that I don't currently know how to accomplish, but I'm setting achievable goals, and then succeeding at them.

Current goal: Improve my jump so I can get up the back stairs. I have one stair to go, and I'm very close. Be able to flip (not on a trampoline). Meditate EVERY DAY. (I'm failing miserably at this one, but success is possible at every moment.

Well now I've gotta run, gymnastics night is calling. Never thought I'd get into gymnastics. By why wish you could do that stuff? Why not just learn how to do it?

Later kids.

1 Comments:

Blogger SocietyVs said...

My sister just got a few tattoes this year also (for the first time) and she really enjoys the artwork of it.

Go ninja go!

April 27, 2007 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah