Saturday, March 17, 2007

Today I actually want to say something, but can't come up with anything. I know that I need to spend some serious time in contemplation this weekend, because I'm feeling totally drained in a spiritual sense, though I'm in a pretty good mood. My plan is to get my stuff done earlier today so that I can do some quiet time later on. I think I'm going out tonight but I don't know when. I want to get my shopping done, a little bit of cleaning, get the dogs to the park, workout, and then down time for whatever time I'm left with before I need to go out. Saturdays really are getting hectic for me.

As far as fear is concerned, I feel like I'm somewhat in control again. I'm starting to see how there are legitimate fears that I can expect to experience. Realizing I'm afraid of something does not somehow brand me incapable, chickenshit, or weak. It just means that I'm human, and I have a choice. There are things about my past and present life that I can't change, but as always, my reaction is entirely my decision. I feel like I'm in a better place, because I've learned how to see through my emotional responses to the fear that's causing them, and I've learned ways of managing them. I don't think there's such a thing as a fearless person. I think people who seem fearless are simply very skilled at controlling their fears, instead of the other way around.

My goal as ever is to grow and find balance. I want to contemplate matters of spirituality, and I want to get in shape, and I want to manage my household, and I want a healthy amount of socialization and entertainment. I don't know about the rest of you, but I find this a very delicate balance to maintain. I don't understand how other people can do it. I want to make excuses, like, they work less, or they have more energy, or they have a spouse to at least help out a bit.... but making excuses doesn't improve my situation. So why do it?

So. I'm going to Portland in May, providing I get my passport in time. Any of y'all live in portland? Near portland? adjacent to portland? Know someone cool in portland? I'll be there for a week, we can have coffee.

Now to go out and get domestic.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ursa, You have such a unique way of looking at life. I have never been to Portland but I'm sure you will have a great time.

March 18, 2007 12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah