Sunday, March 04, 2007

a quick checkin, just for bruce

Sorry guys..... I've been preoccupied. In case I haven't mentioned it, I at times border on the obsessive compulsive..... and I am currently compulsively obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, among other things. I haven't really had anything to say, except to comment on the grave injustices of sunnydale, and the anomalous personalities of various vampires. Also, I've been battling a hormonal blip which has me craving chocolate and mourning my singleness..... there now I'm being completely honest (if complete honesty involves the gross omission of details) and I really don't want to elaborate.

It's my birthday today. I am one day older than the day before, which means I am still too old to be living such an enormously directionless life.... at least that's my opinion. I'm way behind schedule on saving the world, reclaiming the sahara, and achieving self employment. Today the phone will vibrate, but I will not answer it, even if it is the grandmother who's not related to me, or even my dear old mother. The only way I will answer it is if chimwemwe calls, or a cute boy. Most of you don't know who chimwemwe is...... well, she is a regular character from the old blog, and she has birthday calling privileges..... if only because I hear from her so seldom.

I guess I've been on a bit of a downswing. My little sister is recently engaged, and I'll be a bridesmaid, so that puts the kibosh on my head shaving plans, and possibly postpones my tattoo plans..... it just occurred to me this morning that I should ask her about it..... but you know what they say about three times a bridesmaid?? I believe this is number five for me.....

Yesterday I took myself to the bookstore, drank the biggest cup of chai latte they would give me, bought a book about ninjas, and ordered "Arabian Nights" even though none of those things were in my budget. It's my birthday, dammit, I can buy books if I want to. I guess I should go to church now. Sunday is human day, I won't see any more for seven days, unless you count the subdefectives at work....

later

3 Comments:

Blogger SocietyVs said...

Well, happy belated birthday! Just 'keep your head up' and keep dreaming - in the end having some type of goal is better than none.

March 05, 2007 1:06 PM  
Blogger bruced said...

Happy birthday, kiddo! I'm glad to see you doing well. I'd love to buy you a big chocolate cake, and deliver it to you along with 100 of your closest friends! What a party that would be. Well, just close your eyes and imagine it for a moment. Lot's of smiling faces and laughter. Everyone will end the day with full bellies and happy hearts.

Some day, we'll arrange that for real.

March 05, 2007 7:42 PM  
Blogger bruced said...

Sometimes, I wish you would interact more. But, I don't want to place any expectation on you. You are who you were made to be, and you will do what you were made to do. But, I enjoy your words so much! You encourage me...

March 09, 2007 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah