Wednesday, May 31, 2006

interacting

If "The Matrix" was a gnostic film, would agent smith represent the demiurge, and programs such as the merevingian represent archons? if so, would the oracle represent sophia? or would the architect be the demiurge?

To be honest, my initial reading into gnosticism kinda freaked me out, all this talk about demiurge and archons, but I'm starting to look past the details and try to see the point. I think a lot of the ideas are the same.... in a lot of different belief systems, but we give things different names, and then we assume that because something has a different name, it's a different thing. Or we assume that because our understanding of one thing is different, it's a different thing.

There is a man who has a name. His wife calls him honey, his daughter calls him dad. His neighbor calls him "that asshole who never mows his lawn." Not only does this man have many names, but for each different name there is a different relationship, and a different understanding of this man's character.

This is old speculation for me, but the first time I've taken the time to write it down. And writing things down is very important to me.

Now, I think this close to what some would call pluralism? I have been warned about people like me. I have been informed that all roads do not lead to God, and those who think they do are heretics and most likely headed for hell (a threat which no longer does anything for me.)

Everybody wants to believe that they are right, that they are calling God by the correct name, that they have the only valid relationship with Him, but I wonder if the God of the universe is really so small as to only support one type of relationship. Or as the Congolese would say, so poor as to have only one wife. Maybe Godly wisdom is so diverse that it can adjust itself to a relevant culture.

Come to think of it, every time I start to think of something, the voice in my head says "I've been warned about you." In the beginning, it was unsettling, but now it's a relief to hear those words. As long as I am living up to the very person I'm supposed to stay away from, I can be sure I'm not the person they're trying to make me be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd think the Architect would be the demiurge and the various agents would be the archons. :)

June 01, 2006 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah mystery messiah